With the Holidays upon us, I have decided to forego my normal information packed blog today and do something really fun.
On the advice of my loyal followers, I will be shaking things up to make sure that everyone is enjoying my blogging experience as much as I am.
Today, my purpose is two fold.
First, please join me in celebrating the first anniversary of my official blog sponsor, Bionic Gloves. I couldn't think of a better company to work with. Hopefully, you have already seen their ad on my right side column or across the top of my "About" page. Bionic Gloves is a division of Hillerich & Bradsby Co., a fifth-generation family-owned business that also manufactures the world famous Louisville Slugger baseball bats and PowerBilt® golf clubs.
Good Luck and have some fun !!
Bionic gloves are the perfect Baby Boomer product. They are designed by a leading orthopedic hand specialist and their technology is totally unique. There is nothing like it. The difference is in their design based on the anatomy of the hand and the science of ergonomics.
Second, it's time to really start celebrating the Holidays and I need to know if there are any other Baby Boomers out there that are as crazy about the Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life" as me? Do you feel like you are a best friend of George Bailey? Is it your dream to live in a place like 320 Sycamore? Well, let's find out.
How about a contest to see how much you know about the fabled town and friendly folks of Bedford Falls?
It's not easy. You will have to earn your wings. I'm going to be a little bit tricky too, and sneak in a couple of questions about Bionic Gardening Gloves. No cheating and no internet searching.
The prize for the winner? How about a brand new pair of Bionic Gardening Gloves?
Good Luck and have some fun !!
- Just answer correctly all or as many of the 15 questions below as you can.
- Put your answers in the comments section following this blog.
- The contest begins with the official publication of this blog and ends at 11:59 PM, December 24, 2015, Arizona Time.
- At the end of the Entry Period, the "winner" will be considered that first entry with all correct answers or the entry with the most correct answers and/or closest answers to the trivia questions posted.
- The "Winner" will receive a gift certificate for one (1) pair of Bionic Gardening Gloves with an approximate value of $39.99 U.S.
- The winner will be notified within one (1) week.
- Please review our "official" "It's a Wonderful Life" trivia contest rules below for any questions.
1) In what state is Bedford Falls located?
2) During the High School dance scene, the gym floor opens up to reveal a swimming pool and guess what, it was real. Where was it located?
3) How many types of Bionic Gardening Gloves are there for men?
4) In the same scene in which the pool opens beneath the gym floor, who is the well-known child actor that pressed the button?
5) How many years does the plot of the movie cover?
6) In what year was George’s brother Harry born?
7) What is the special system on the "ToughPro" gardening glove that allows them to absorb vibration from power tools?
8) A very well know childhood song is played several times during the movie, mostly in scenes starring Clarence the guardian angel of George Bailey. What is the name of that song?
9) What movie is playing at the theater house in downtown Bedford Falls?
10) Uncle Billy has a pet black bird that lives in the office of the Bailey Building & Loan. What is its name?
11) Which women’s gardening gloves offer arm protection as well as hand protection when working around thorns and thistles?
12) What material reinforces the fingertips of Bionic garden gloves to improve durability?
13) What is the featured beer at both Martini's and Nick's bar?
14) There are 4 towns located close enough to Bedford Falls to be shown on a street sign at the edge of Bedford Falls. Name one of them.
15) Toward the end of the movie, when Bert the cop takes a shot at George, the bullets take out three of the letters in the lighted Pottersville sign? Which 3 letters were they?
It's easy to tell them about it.
Forward it on to them or just email them my blog link at www.survive55.com.
The more Baby Boomers we can help, the better place we make this world !!!
Thanks for joining me..........................................................
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE TRIVIA CONTEST" is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the applicable Entry Period (defined below), or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (whichever is older. Employees of Survive55.com, Hillerich & Bradsby Company, Bionic Gloves and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Bionic Gloves, a division of Hillerich & Bradsby Company, Louisville, Kentucky.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes your (“entrant’s”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest will begin with the official publication of this blog and last through 11:59 p.m. Arizona time, December 25, 2014.
5. SUBMISSIONS AND ENTRY: To enter the Contest, you must answer as many trivia questions as you can correctly by entering your answers in the comments section of the blog. Your Entry must meet each of the following requirements:
(i) The Entry must be owned by you;
(ii) The Entry may not contain any improper use of trademarks, logos, or copyrighted elements. Any such use that is determined by Survive55.com to be an improper use (such as using a trademark in an inappropriate manner) may result in the disqualification of an entry. Any content that appears in the Entry including, without limitation, images, music, audio, speech, or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original, created and performed solely by the entrants, or be in the public domain. Use of any content that is not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of the Entry, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion;
(iii) The Entry may not be obscene or indecent, it must not contain defamatory statements, it must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group, it must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and it must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission; or
(iv) The Entry may not depict or encourage any dangerous, life-threatening, or otherwise risky behavior.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
6. ENTRANT’S WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting an Entry, each entrant warrants and represents:
a. The Entry (i) is original and owned to the entrant, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or any other rights of any third party, (iii) does not violate any law or regulation, and (iv) has not previously been entered in any other Contest, and (v) the entrant has the rights to freely use the Entry without restriction.
7. SPONSOR’S RIGHTS TO ENTRIES: By submitting a Entry, each entrant:
a. Irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its agents, licensees and assigns the unconditional, irrevocable and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, exhibit, and otherwise use the Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using the entrant’s name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party.
b. Forever waives any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sponsor’s use of the Entry, or require the entrant’s permission for the Sponsor to use the Entry.
c. Agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of the entrant’s rights as creator of the Entry including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
8. DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS: At the end of the Entry Period, Survive55.com in unison with the representatives of Bionic Gloves, will select from the total entries, that first entry with all correct answers or the entry with the most correct answers and/or closest answers to the trivia questions posted. The winner is chosen at the sole discretion of Survive55.com and Bionic Gloves and cannot be contested.
9. NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT OF WINNER: The Winners will be notified by email and other various forms of social media after the end of the Entry Period. Except where prohibited, the Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit (or declaration) of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. In addition, the Winners may be required to sign a release in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and trademark rights, and waives all moral rights in the Entry. Documents, if provided and required by Survive55.com and Bionic Gloves, must be signed and returned to Sponsor within ten (10) days of being notified. If a Winner fails to sign and return the required documents within the required time period or is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the selection criteria set forth above.
10. CONTEST PRIZE:
a. The "Winner" will receive a gift certificate for one (1) pair of Bionic Gardening Gloves with an approximate value of $39.99 U.S.
b. Any prizes depicted in advertisements are for illustrative purposes only and the actual prize may vary. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The Winners are responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. The Winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of their prizes. Sponsor may report the receipt of any prize to the appropriate federal, state, or local taxing agency(ies).
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry it deems in appropriate for any reason whatsoever. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes according to the judging criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, to the maximum extent permitted by law, in our sole discretion, to change or modify these Official Rules or cancel the Contest at any time. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS; INDEMNIFICATION: By entering, entrants agree that their Entry shall comply with any and all laws, statutes, regulations, rules, or the like applicable to the posting of photos, videos, or other media on public websites (including all rules of Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter). By entering, entrants agree to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Survive55.com, Hillerich & Bradsby Company, Bionic Gloves and its agents, representatives, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees (the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) the content in entrant’s Entry; (b) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting a Entry; (c) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (e) the receipt, transfer, use, handling, transportation, storage, hosting, posting, or display in any manner of the Entries, (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by Survive55.com, Hillerich & Bradsby Company, Bionic Gloves employees or any third parties. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to report inappropriate Name Entries to any applicable law enforcement authorities.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court chosen by Survive55.com, Hillerich & Bradsby Company and Bionic Gloves entrant consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts, and waives any right it may have to object to such courts based on forum non conveniens or any other grounds. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Kentucky.