WHAT MY BLOG IS ABOUT?
WHY FOLLOW MY BLOG?
WHAT WE NEED
Take a minute, an hour, a day or even better a few weeks and review what you have done with your life to this point and really, really decide what is important to you.
Then take a minute, an hour, a day or even better a few weeks and decide what you want to do going forward and what opportunities and priorities you want to pursue.
And then take a minute, an hour, a day or even better a few weeks and figure out a plan of attack on how to achieve this new lifestyle.
If you don't know where you are, where you are going or how to get there send me your questions, comments, suggestions and ideas in my comment section below.
CLICK ON THE
SURVIVE55 "BLOG" TAB
THE PLAN / THE BLOG
So here's some of the strategies I plan to explore, examine and develop workable solutions to:
1. What happens when you find yourself suddenly unemployed at the age of 50?
2. What opportunities are there to make sure that you can stay "economically feasible" at this stage of your life?
3. What opportunities exist to find true financial success?
4. What are your "real" passions in life and how can you identify and exploit them?
5. Who can you talk to, listen to and relate to when you need direction?
6. What resources (government, corporate, internet, private) are available to help you pursue your retirement goals?
7. What are the best, most satisfying ways to spend your leisure time?
8. What are the best ways to organize your time?
9. What are the best health strategies?
10. What are the most logical relationship strategies?
WHO IS YOUR AUTHOR,
Jay Lickus, a Baby Boomer himself, was born in 1956 in the harmonious and affable Marquette Park neighborhood on the South side of Chicago.
He attended 12 years of Catholic school and graduated from the University of Illinois.
He began his professional career as a paperboy (didn't we all) and matured quickly working his way though numerous menial jobs - factory worker, kitchen helper, pizza maker (not a bad gig), shipping and receiving clerk and go figure, a house painter. During college, he started his own painting and contracting company. In the late 80's he moved to Los Angeles to begin a sales career in the paint and coatings industry.
In 2012, after 10 years as a leading sales representative and another decade or so as a blue chip Sales Manager, he was unceremoniously kicked to the curb by the company he was working for like an unwanted old piece of furniture (I humorously embellish for effect) only to begin his new path to a better and more satisfying life.
He currently resides in Surprise, Arizona and has four wonderful kids and 7 glorious grandchildren scattered across the US.
As of today, he is one very happy man.