If you didn't already realize it, Christmas is here. That's right, that yearly month long celebration of debauchery, gluttony, greed, family fights and pagan idolatry. But isn't it supposed to be a time to remember to the birth of Jesus who died to save humanity? It's the time to bring good cheer and be nice to your fellow man right? It's the time you realize that we are all brothers, part of the same universal family.
Do you believe in a cosmic plan? Do you wonder why things happen the way they do? Does everything have a purpose? Is there, in fact, a supreme being....a God? That's why we celebrate Christmas right?
Does this time of the year also leave you a little confused? Do you find yourself longing even more for the real answers of life? Are you looking for some guidance on why things are the way they are?
Well, let me make this simple. How about, you accept the fact that you can still keep on learning, even at our advanced age. How about you spend this Holiday season thinking positive thoughts and moving on with a sense of purpose for the future? Call it fate if you will. The divine purpose of God. His/Her Master plan.
Just sit back Baby Boomers and let go and let me show you how everything is part of God's Master Plan.
- Most seniors never get enough exercise. In His wisdom God decreed that seniors become forgetful so they would have to search for their glasses, keys and where they parked their cars thus doing more walking. And God looked down and saw that it was good.
- Then God saw there was another need. In His wisdom He made seniors lose coordination so they would drop things requiring them to bend, reach & stretch. And God looked down and saw that it was good.
- Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would have additional calls of nature requiring more trips to the bathroom, thus providing more exercise. God looked down and saw that it was good.
So if you find as you age, you are getting up and down more, walking more and taking more trips to the bathroom, remember it’s all God’s will. It is all in your best interest even though you mutter under your breath. Isn't that reason enough to have a Merry Christmas?
If that's not enough how about 10 more reasons to celebrate growing older and being part of God's master plan.
Nine Important Facts To Remember As We Grow Older
- Death is the number 1 killer in the world.
- Life is sexually transmitted.
- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- Men have two motivations: hunger and hanky-panky, and they can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.
- Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It does exactly what it wants no matter how much we criticize it.
- In the 1960’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.
- Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.
If you found today’s blog helpful, interesting, or even funny, I bet your friends would too.
It's easy to tell them about it.
Forward it on to them or just email them my blog link at www.survive55.com.
The more Baby Boomers we can help, the better place we make this world !!!
Thanks for joining me and don’t forget to rate this blog below...............................