"Thirty days have September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have 31,
Except February alone,
And that has 28 days clear,
And 29 in a leap year."
The version above is attributed to Mother Goose.
What I want to know is what the hell happened to poor February.
Man did this month get short changed.
Only 28 days?
Why not 5 months with 31 days and 7 months with 30 days?
There are several explanations if you are interested.
Some blame it on the Romans.
Others believe that maybe a shorter month would make winter go by faster.
Whatever the reason, you may feel sorry for the poor short orphan month but I bet a lot of you across the continental US are just happy that the month is over and you can begin worrying whether March will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion or vice versa.
I wanted to share with everyone an inspirational (OK, probably not real inspirational but humorous anyway) list of accumulated sayings, quotes and misdirections I put together several years back as part of my speech at a friend’s 50th Birthday party.
I’m sure there are a lot of you out there that are experiencing more and more 50th and 60th Birthday parties among your friends and family.
We consider these “milestone” Birthdays much like “Sweet 16” and “Turning 21.”
I don't know why but I'm never one to complain about a chance to have a big celebration.
Anyway, please feel free to steal any of these quotes you like since I stole them from someone else.
- "Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
- "Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age."
- "Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem."
- "Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
- "You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
- "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."
- "Before I met my true love, I'd never fallen in love but I'd stepped in it a few times."
- "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you."
- "Love is the only game that two can play and both win."
- "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
- "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."
- "Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him."
- "Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means."
- "I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it."
- "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
- "If you made a list of reasons why any couple got married, and another list of the reasons for their divorce, you'd have a hell of a lot of overlapping."
- “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience"
Do you have a favorite quote about love and growing older?
Share it with our followers in the comment section below.
If you found today’s blog helpful, interesting or even funny I bet your friends would to.
It's easy to tell them about it.
Forward it on to them or just email them my blog link at www.survive55.com.
The more Baby Boomers we can help, the better place we make this world !!!
Thanks for joining me..........................................................