May is National Hamburger Month.
May is National Stroke Awareness Month (I think I said that in #1 already.........just kidding).
- International Mediterranean Diet Month
- International Victorious Woman Month
- Jewish-American Heritage Month
- Latino Books Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection & Prevention Month
- Motorcycle Safety Month
Believe it or not, there are probably another 50 or more things to be aware of this month.
That's a lot to think about and a lot to worry about.
Have you ever just wanted to take time away from the world to let your mind drift?
We have talked before about how I like to walk and about how these walks are such a great analogy of life in general.
- There's a beginning and an end to both
- Each walk or journey we take in life always begins with the first step (which is always the hardest)
- There is just so much damn stuff to see and appreciate - simple stuff, hidden stuff, wabi-sabi, the life and colors around you to embrace
- There are aches and pains along the way
- The more you strive for, the more you gain
- You can see your future ahead and plan your route
- It's amazing to look back every so often to see how far you have come (and how quickly)
This brought to mind some pictures I had seen online a while back.
I am talking about a photo series called “Reflections” by Tom Hussey, where he portrays the elderly as they reflect on their younger selves in the mirror.
This is a wonderfully compelling series that gives you pause to think, about who we are, who we were, the passage of time and the lives we are living.
JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.
Are you the same person you were 30 or 40 years ago?
Are you a better person?
Forget whether or not you are going to masturbate or eat Mediterranean food or a hamburger today.
Why don't you join me in a little reflection on who we were and where we are going?
Since tomorrow is considered "Throwback Thursday"across the social media world, I would love to see old pictures of you and hear your comments on how your journey in life has been.
JUST CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK
Please forward it to them or tell them about it by clicking on the FaceBook "Like", "Twitter", "LinkedIn" or Email social icon buttons below.
The more Baby Boomers we can help, the better place we make this world !!!
Thanks for joining me..............................................