- 77 million people were born between 1946 and 1964, which is defined as the baby boomer era (U.S. Census).
- An American turns 50 every 7 seconds—that's more than 12,500 people every day (U.S. Census).
- The senior age group is now, for the first time, the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
- One-third of the 195.3 million internet users in the U.S., adults aged 50+ represent the Web's largest constituency (Jupiter Research).
- Two-thirds of Americans 50+ buy from e-retailers online (Pew).
- Baby Boomers outspend other generations by an estimated $400 billion each year on consumer goods & services (US Government Consumer Expenditure
If you want to know even more eye opening facts about our generation click HERE to travel to my Media and Advertising Page.
I'm sure you all will agree, the Baby Boomer generation is a major force to be reckoned with.
Even more importantly we are a force that needs to be marketed to?
For the first time in history, older adults are the consumer majority and, guess what — they were not feeling the love........until now.
Changes are being made in the ways retailers are looking at our generation.
We bring a whole new set of expectations in our buying behaviors whether they are in lifestyle and leisure activities, healthcare, relationships & sex, entertainment, technology or even beauty and exercise.
Boomers are looking for a retail experience that focuses on them.
One company, theBoomShop.com, an online retailer catering to the 50+ set, has stepped up to this challenge.
Why did they do it?
"We consider ourselves boomers, and carefully selected products we personally need and would want to buy ourselves," said Dexter Jasper, Chief Operating Officer of theBoomShop.com
"Our BoomShop team is made up of successful designers, engineers and marketers who bring years of design and retail experience to make a unique shopping experience."
"At BoomShop, we believe the most important part of our online experience is providing the right products with enough information to make your (shopping) decisions personal."
Not only are their products used, tested and reviewed by Baby Boomers like you but they are trialed and tested before they hit the shelves by the folks at theBoomShop as well.
What did I like about visiting their web store?
1. Visiting The BoomShop is more of an "experience" than mere shopping. The products are showcased cleanly and with just enough information to make your purchasing decision personal.
2. The website navigation is extremely easy and most moves are simple one-click actions.
3. You find a wide array of products that you normally wouldn't think of as important or helpful to your lifestyle until you see them in their store. There are items like anti-fatigue mats for your home, eco-friendly cookware, heated mattress pads, travel accessories and easy grip grooming tools.
I never thought about the ease and comfort of having my own digital peep hole viewer, a fog-less shower mirror or even a "vodka zinger" product that lets you create one-of-a-kind flavored vodka infusions.
There is a wide array of products offered and the selection of inventory is growing based on your input:
You can find:
At Home: Anti-Fatigue mats, specialty cushions, smart electronics and home automation system
Kitchen: Healthy blenders & juicers, eco-friendly cookware and soft-grip cutlery
Health & Wellness: Easy-grip grooming tools, compression wear, sleek pill organizers, stylish walking canes, hearing and foot care items
Vision: Reading glasses, magnifiers and easy-to-view items
Fitness & Recreation: Yoga & Pilates, exercise equipment, and outdoor recreation
Intimacy: Massagers and couples' games
Sleep Science: Anti-snore, hypoallergenic, and position pillows, allergy-free mattress pads and electric blankets
On-the-Go: Convenience bags, insulated totes and other travel accessories
A new category targeting your Nutrition will include condition-based natural supplement solutions provided by their in-house nutritionist.
Did I mention the totally cool selection of books offered in each of the shopping categories?
They offer that too.
I bet you will be pleasantly surprised and will probably wind up buying something on your first trip.
In fact, you can receive a 15% discount on your purchases there with the coupon code 69114.
Be on the lookout for the addition of their "BoomSpot", a blog that welcomes Boomers looking to find tips, information and advice specific to their stage in life, as well as a community that allows them to connect and share with other Boomers.
Like me and my Survive55.com website, theBoomShop.com is committed to making life easy for Baby Boomers
Add any items you would like to see them stocking for us in my "comments" section.
And, as usual, if you found my blog interesting or helpful, I bet your friends would to so please forward it to them or tell them about it by clicking on the Google "G+1" and the FaceBook "Like" buttons.
The more Baby Boomers we can help the better place we make this world !!!
Thanks for joining me..........................................................